Frequently Asked Questions
Your name is Sweat Therapy. Are your workouts hot, like hot yoga?
- No way! During workouts we keep our studio between 68-70 degrees. You might be chilly when you first walk-in, but don’t worry you’ll soon be sweating.
How do I get started?
- The easiest way to get started at Sweat Therapy Fitness is to click on our schedule page and choose a workout you want to try. Once you’ve selected your workout click on it and our system will prompt you to create an account and reserve your spot. We also offer a monthly complimentary workshop for new clients called “Sweat 101.” During this workshop you’ll learn the basics of the RealRyder indoor cycling bikes, IndoRow water rowers and TRX suspension trainer. You’re not required to take Sweat 101 before your first workout, but it can be very helpful. We don’t recommend Triple Play for your first workout as this is a fast-paced workout that uses all three pieces of equipment mentioned above and can be overwhelming for new clients.
Where do I park?
- We are located at the Manor @ Midtown off of Thomasville Road. On the south side of our building across from Tommy T’s Oil Change Center there is a large parking lot with 250+ FREE parking spaces, you can park anywhere in there. We do not recommend parking in the 15 minute parking spaces located in the front of the building on 5th Avenue.
What door do I use?
- We are located at the Manor @ Midtown off of Thomasville Road. You will see the Red Eye coffee shop from the road. We have two entrances; one is between Midtown Pies and Eight Five Zero (850) Salon, facing 5th Avenue. Workouts in this room are labeled TRX Studio. The other entrance is located inside the breezeway and provides access the Real Ryder room and IndoRow room – also labeled as such on our workout schedule. If for some reason one door is locked, the other will always be open.
What’s the best workout for beginners?
- Before taking your first workout we highly encourage you to attend our complimentary Sweat 101 workshop the first Saturday of each month at 1:00pm. This isn’t a workout, but an interactive opportunity to learn the basics of TRX Suspension Training, IndoRow Water Rowing and Real Ryder indoor cycling. After you’ve successfully completed Sweat 101, we recommend a 45-minute workout such as Sweat Camp 45 or Row Challenge. For a low impact option try Sweat Yoga, Sweat Barre, or Lower Body + Core.
What’s your cancellation policy?
- Client must cancel by 8pm the night before any workout with a start time of 7am or earlier and 6 hours prior to any other workout. There are three ways to cancel and avoid being charged.
1) You can remove yourself from a workout 24 hours prior to the workout, using the Sweat Therapy Fitness online reservation system.
2) You may call the studio and cancel during studio hours.
3) Send a cancellation request to [email protected] Please note, emails sent to any other address besides [email protected] may not be received prior to your deadline and could result in a cancellation charge.
What is the late cancelation/ no show charge?
- Clients with membership series who do not cancel their workout before the deadlines outlined in the above paragraph or no show a workout will be charged a $10 fee. Clients who have purchased workout packages such as 4 workouts for $60 will lose one workout from their package if they do not cancel their workout according to the deadlines above or no show a workout.
Who can I talk to about my fitness goals and what workouts would be best for me?
- Our Fitness Director Cecily Armengol is happy to help evaluate your fitness goals and provide recommendations. To schedule an appointment with her please email [email protected]
Do you offer personal training?
- Absolutely! Sweat Therapy Fitness has a number of certified personal trainers ready to provide you with personalized workouts to achieve your wellness goals. Whether you’re an athlete, active aging adult, new mom or someone with chronic illnesses, we have a trainer with the skills to serve you. To discuss personal training please contact our Fitness Director Cecily Armengol at [email protected]